Today’s the day! Our annual Alumni Weekend kicks off tonight, starting at 6:30pm with Opening Tap at Independence Mall. After we watch Mayor Nutter use the Hammer Of Glory to tap the inaugural keg of Brotherly Suds 4 (brewed especially for Philly Beer Weekend), we’ll head down to Pat’s and Geno’s to chow on some cheesesteaks, then continue on to Devil’s Den for their amazing beer bash. Last year’s event had a slew of great beers, so I’m really looking forward to all the fantastic brews that will be unveiled tonight.
The rest of the weekend’s schedule is up on our Facebook event. I’ll also be live-tweeting our events the whole weekend, so feel free to check out our Twitter if you’re not able to come out but you’d still like to follow along.
T-shirts just came in last night so all who registered early will be able to pick theirs up tonight. If you didn’t fill out a registration fee but would still like a shirt (as you can see above, they do look pretty snazzy), I’ll have a few extra available for purchase for $15.
Registration is now open for DVAC’s Annual Alumni Weekend! Check out our fantastic schedule of events:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, May 31 – South Philly
- Arrive in Philly, check in with your host Brothers. (Registered Brothers will be contacted the week of May 27th in order to make arrangements with their hosts.)
- 6:30pm: Opening Tap – Independence Mall, 6th and Market
- 7:30pm: Dinner – Pat’s or Geno’s, 9th and Passyunk. Cheesesteaks!
- 9:00pm: Beer Bash – Devil’s Den, 11th and Ellsworth
Saturday, June 1 – Old City
- 9:00am: Service event – TBD
- 1:00pm: Lunch – Eulogy and Bierstube, 2nd and Chestnut. Feel free to enter the “Battle of the Bulge-Germany vs Belgium” eating challenge for a prize!
- 2:30pm: Social event – Philadelphia Bar and Restaurant, 2nd and Market. Interactive carnival games with 3 Pennsylvania brewers.
- 6:30pm: Dinner on South Street – your choice of various eateries: Lorenzo’s Pizza, Jim’s Cheesesteaks, Maoz Vegetarian, Hot Diggity Hot Dogs, Percy Street BBQ
- 8:00pm: South Street bar crawl – starting at The Twisted Tail, 2nd and South. Live music starting at 9pm!
Sunday, June 2 – Museum District
- 11:30am: Brunch –Sabrina’s Café, 18th and Callowhill
- 1:00pm: Scholarship event – Free Library of Philadelphia, 19th and the Parkway. Learn about the history of how beer has been made, sold, and advertised in Philadelphia.
- Check out with host Brothers.
Feel free to send an email, tweet, or Facebook message to PSPDVAC, and I’ll send you a registration packet. Forms and fees ($20 per person, includes subway tokens for the weekend and a t-shirt) are due by Monday, May 20th. I can’t wait to see everyone out!